The personal information we collect
You can visit our website without having to log in by registering an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that this data is sent to and stored on our servers. “Personal Information” is information that can be linked to a specific person and can be used to identify a specific person. If user data is anonymised or aggregated it can then not be used to identify a person and is therefore not classified as “Personal Information”.
We collect the following types of personal data:
Information we collect automatically:
When you visit our websites, our applications, services and tools or respond to other content, we do not collect data on your computer, mobile device or other equipment that you use to gain access to our services.
This data will however be collected by cookies from Google Inc. and Google Ireland Limited via the Google Analytics service. For this Project Beauty has made the following arrangements with Google Inc.:
- processing agreement in accordance with Article 14 of the Dutch Data Protection Act;
- data sharing is ‘off’;
- do not use other Google services in conjunction with the Google Analytic cookies.
Information you provide to us:
We collect and store any information you enter on our website or that you provide to us when you use our services. These data include, but are not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account;
- data provided to us in connection with participation in Project Beauty by filling out the questionnaire;
- information that you provide to us as part of any transmission of the products of Project Beauty;
- additional data that you may provide to us through social media sites or third-party services, and;
- data provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our website or correspondence sent to us.
How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal collected information (see above) for the following purposes:
- to give you insight and overview regarding your perception of beauty;
- to give you access to our services and provide customer support through email or by phone;
- to measure, fine-tune and improve our services and content;
- to contact you via email or push notificatie to inform you about our Services;
- to provide you with other services you have requested, as described when we collected the data.
Transfer of your personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in accordance with this policy and applicable laws and regulations. As further described under ‘Marketing Goals” we do not make your personal information available to third parties for their marketing purposes without your express consent. We may share your personal information with:
- service providers with whom we have signed a contract to help us deliver our services on the website (think of providers of online platforms with research software, postal and shipping organisations, financial services, marketing agencies and technical support). In such cases, personal data remain under the control of Project Beauty.
- companies we as part of a reorganization plan to merge or by which we are adopted.
Without limiting the foregoing, we will – in our commitment to respecting your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties – otherwise not disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials or other third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent an imminent threat of injury or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We strongly recommend that, if you visit our site from a shared computer or a computer in an Internet café, log out after each session. If you do not want the shared computer, and / or remember your data, then you need to delete the cookies and / or history of your website visit.
The questionnaire and the management of the answers that are given remain under the responsibility of Project Beauty. All responses will be kept strictly confidential. Answers are not given without anonymity disclosed to third parties without explicit permission.
You agree that we may use the information we collect to compose general overviews and reports on the state of the perception of the subject of the questionnaire: the perception of beauty. These statements and reports by us are completely anonymized and contain no information that can be traced back to individuals unless you have unambiguously given us permission.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your express consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and to personalize our services and functionality for users of our website.
Protection and storage of your personal data
We protect your data using technical and administrative safeguards to reduce the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and as small as possible. You can think of firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative controls access to the data and servers. If you still think that there has been an abuse of your account, please contact us via the Contact Form.
We retain personal data no longer than legally permitted and delete personal data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes described above.
The files are processed by Project Beauty under the heading “Basisbestanden Project Beauty” registered with the designated body in the Netherlands: the College Bescherming Persoonsgegevens (CBP).
The whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.